2nd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment 40th Anniversary
name: Mark Vance
phone: (360) 293-2856
HERE'S THE FINALIZED LOST PATROL and 2/75 REUNION PLAN AS OF 9/9/14 (note the deadlines).
• 2 October, Thursday: Attend 2/75 Ice Breaker event with current Ranger's at North Fort, American Lake Club, 1800 hours and pick-up your 2/75 40th Anniversary Pass for 3rd October Battalion Events. Easy gate access with a driver’s license or Military ID and proof of auto insurance. THE DEADLINE IS 15 September to register on 2/75's site: http://whoozin.com/XXT-PGW-79UJ. To begin the reservation process, click on this link and please pass the address to any Rangers who are not on Facebook. Even if you do not plan on attending, please input your information to assist in capturing all of your contact information to streamline future communications.
• 2 October, Thursday: Red Lion Check-in after the North Fort Ice Breaker event. Visit the Red Lion Hospitality room to see old friends (open 24/7 during our stay with alcohol, beverages and snacks available for a cost of $30 each person for the three day event. We may pass the hat if that runs out). Red Lion Hotel is located at east side of I-5 on Exit 128, 8402 South Hosmer St., Tacoma, WA 98444. For room reservations call: 1-253 548-1212 and ask for the Ranger Reunion Discount. Hotel group rate deadline is 9/11/14. And yes, you can make a reservation after that but you will not receive our group rate.
• 3 October, Friday: You won’t want to miss this event at 0900 hours. Attend a one hour briefing at the Evergreen Theater on the "State of the Battalion Today and a Brief History" and at 1330 attend their Banner Award Ceremony formation. All 2/75 Veterans are to be integrated into and stand with your old Company. Battalion physical competition events run from 1000 – 1330 hours (see their schedule below). At 1400 hours Battalion BBQ and social with other 2/75 veterans and active 2/75 members, hosted by the Pointe Du Hoc Foundation.
0900 - State of the Battalion Brief (Evergreen Theater)
1000 - 1330 - Events:
Company Area Walkthroughs
1330 - Induction Ceremony (BN Memorial)
1400 - BBQ
• 3 October, Friday: Dinner served at Emerald Queen Casino at 1900 hours, a social from 1800-2400 hours (pay as you go bar and dinner buffet is $35.00 each). Emerald Queen Casino, located at 5700 Pacific Highway, Fife 98424. Dinner cost at $35.00 each, includes meal, room rental and free parking.
• 4 October, Saturday: At 0900, start your day with the monthly Northwest Ranger Breakfast Group at the Poodle Dog Restaurant, 1522 54th Ave E, Fife, WA 98424 (room seats 150). Hosted by Bring Your Own Beret (BYOB). The cost is $15.00 each for a great breakfast that includes cost of the large room, Washington State tax and gratuity.
• 4 October, Saturday: Dinner at 1800 hours, reception starts 1730. Red Lion catered dinner buffet, Please indicate choice of (a) Steak or (b) Chicken (Vegetarian's contact me, we can accommodate your choice). Dinner cost is $50.00 for a plate dinner with an open bar. The cost includes Washington State tax and dinner room rental costs. Red Lion Hotel is located at east side of I-5 on Exit 128, 8402 South Hosmer St., Tacoma, WA 98444 (plenty of free parking on the south-west side of Red Lion).
I need your Reunion fee of $130.00 each (if not staying at the Red Lion and NOT USING the Hospitality room subtract $30.00 each, then send only a $100.00).
TOTAL PACKAGE: Reunion Fee is $130.00. This includes $35.00 each for the Emerald Queen Casino Dinner, $50.00 each for the Red Lion Dinner, $15.00 for the Fife Breakfast and $30.00 for the Red Lion Hospitality Room fee. Everything on 3 & 4 October is a package deal (DINNER and Breakfast are NOT separable), THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS ... since food is catered and ordered by a couple of your fellow Ranger's days in advance.
(1) Send your Reunion attendance fee with a note indicating your Dinner meal choice(s)
(2) PM me where you are staying ... if at the Red Lion and you used AAA, Price Chopper, or any other Non-Reunion/Special rate. That's OK, but tell me who you are, who your bringing, and who you've booked through. That way we can get the Reunion Group credit for filling our rooms. Again, send me attendance info by email, PM or a note with payment and your meal choices NLT 26 September. Send your Reunion fee to Ranger Jim Smith, 40079 Mohawk River Road, Marcola, Oregon 97454. Pm me your questions or email me at ksmith.3256@ yahoo.com.
If you have any other follow on questions or concerns, please contact SSG Kristopher Newville at 253- 477-4289 or Kristopher.email@example.com.