Attention all Rangers!!!
1st Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment 40th Anniversary Reunion
Those interested in attending, contact event POCs Todd Currie at firstname.lastname@example.org or Steve Murphy at email@example.com. They will send you the documents to fill out and send in as well as the hotel information.
Registration and Banquet: Please get registered for the event and make your banquet selection soonest. We need everyone attending the banquet identified so we put sufficient wine on the tables. The wine is already paid for through donations.
Hotel: We have filled 103 rooms at the Marriott and I was able to secure a few more rooms for us. Get the word out that these rooms are not limitless so all who plan to attend the event must register soonest.
Commemorative Items: Commemorative coins, T-shirts, beer glasses, plate and 1/75 lapel pins are on advance sale now at https://www.facebook.com/oldscroll. Mike Waldron will need the money up front so he can get those items sent to production. You will be able to pick up your items at the Marriott during the event, or for a small handling and shipping fee Mike will mail them out o/a 1 July.
Single Barrel Jack Daniels commemorative etched bottles available: Chuck Fountain, the owner of Habersham Beverage Warehouse, has purchased a barrel of Jack Daniels and will have 40th Anniversary etched bottles available at his establishment in Savannah. Address and phone number is:
Habersham Beverage Warehouse
7927 Abercorn Street
Savannah, GA 31406
Golf Tournament: Golfers, duffers, anyone who likes to swing the sticks. We are planning to have a golf tournament on Friday, 22 August during the 40th reunion. I need names of those interested in participating so we can move forward with the planning. Message me if you would like to play. Also, get the word out to your non-FB brethren. They can send Todd Currie an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (719) 641-9450.
• Check into hotel
• Stop by hospitality suite in Marriott for information update, libations, maps, coins, shirts, pins, etc.
• Noon to closing: Informal Ice Breaker at Kevin Barry's Irish Pub on River Street
• 0800: Breakfast at B Matthews with guest speaker (capacity of 55), a five minute walk from the Marriott.
• 1000: Buses arrive at Marriott to transport visitors to 1/75 HQ
• 1030: Gold Star Memorial for fallen 1/75 Rangers
• 1130: 1/75 hosts a visit to the Battalion that culminates with a picnic lunch (paid for by registration fee)
• 0800: Golf outing at HAAF. Play format TBD
• 0900: First Historic Savannah Trolley Tour. Pick up at Marriott
• 1100: Second Historic Savannah Trolley Tour. Pick up at Marriott
• Free day to tour the Savannah area, bond with old buddies, etc.
• 1800: Banquet at the Marriott.
• Open time for breakfast, farewells