Follow Us Online


Regular Membership

To qualify for Regular Membership you must have either

  1. Been awarded the Ranger Tab, on order from the U.S. Department of the Army; ,
  2. Served in a combat arms capacity for at least 12 months in the 75th Ranger Regiment or a unit within the direct lineage of the 75th Ranger Regiment; or,
  3. Served in a combat arms capacity in the 75th Ranger Regiment or a unit within the direct lineage of the 75th Ranger Regiment, and been awarded the Combat Infantryman’s Badge (CIB), Combat Medical Badge (CMB), or Combat Action Badge (CAB) while serving in the unit.


USARA does not determine the units that fall within the lineage of the 75th Ranger Regiment.  Those designations are made by the US Army’s Institute of Heraldry, and currently include the following:

  • Any of the World War II Ranger Battalions,
  • The 5307th Composite, “Merrill’s Marauders” during WWII,
  • The Alamo Scouts during WWII,
  • The 29th Ranger Battalion during WWII,
  • Any of the Ranger Infantry Companies (Airborne) during the Korean War,
  • The Eighth Army’s “8000 Series” units during the Korea War,
  • Any of the lettered Ranger companies of the 75th Infantry, or their immediate LRRP predecessor units, during the Vietnam War,
  • Any Army of the Republic of Vietnam (ARVN) Ranger Unit (Biệt Ðộng Quân). 
  • Any officially designated U. S. Army Ranger unit, to include E/65th Inf (PRNG), D/151st   INF (IN NG), A/75th and B/75th Ranger (V and VII Corps LRP), or their immediate LRP predecessor units.
  • The 1st or 2nd Ranger Battalion, during the period 1974 to 1984.

Regular Member Application Classes

Regular membership can be purchased on a periodic or lifetime basis.  If you choose to pay for your membership on a periodic basis, renewals can be set to occur every one, two, three, or five years.  Membership is free for veterans who have been awarded a 100% service connected disability rating, or are recognized as 100% rated by virtue of a total disability individual unemployability (TDIU) designation by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).

Required Documentation for Membership Approval

In addition to completing the membership application, applicants must provide documentary evidence that they are qualified for membership.  Membership cannot be processed on the basis of personal reputation as a Ranger or the voucher of another Ranger.  Examples of documents that may be used to verify your eligibility include the following:


  • DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty; Note – Before January 1, 1950, several similar forms were used by the military services, including the WD AGO 53, WD AGO 55, WD AGO 53-55, NAVPERS 553, NAVMC 78PD, and the NAVCG 553
  • Department of the Army orders awarding the Ranger Tab to the applicant;
  • Military service orders showing assignment to one of the qualified units;
  • Orders awarding CIB, CMB, or CAB while serving in a Ranger unit.

Application Process

Applicants are encouraged to submit their membership application, supporting documents, and payment electronically to USARA.  If you are unable to submit these items electronically, they may be submitted by mail to the Association’s postal address.  Membership will not be processed and approved until the application, supporting documents, and payment are received. Download the Regular Membership Application here.

US Army Ranger Association
Attn: Membership
P.O. Box 52126
Fort Benning, GA 31995-2126

If you have any questions contact our Membership Manager by email at